Help Enhance the Funding of your Financial Goals with Tax Planning
We collaborate with your tax advisors to determine if there are opportunities to reduce tax liability now or in the future. We believe tax planning should be done in the context of your goals, values and overall financial plan. The objective is to fund your goals in the most effective way. Reducing tax liability may enhance this. Your tax plan is reviewed on a multi-year basis to preserve wealth over time.
Tax planning will help you answer:
- Do I have opportunities to reduce my tax liability?
- Do I have opportunities to harvest tax losses or recognize gains at favorable rates?
- Do I have gifting opportunities? If so, what is the most effective way to gift?
- Should I defer or accelerate income to “manage” tax brackets?
- Is a Roth IRA or Traditional IRA more advantageous?
- Should I convert traditional IRA assets to Roth IRA?
- Do I have adequate reserves or withholding to meet tax liabilities?
- Are there charitable strategies that make sense in my situation?
- Should I use low basis stock for charitable gifts or should I harvest these gains at favorable rates?